The Council of Nine Pillars is the second highest form of government in the magocracy of Caelum, second only to the mysterious Archmage themself. As its name would suggest, it is formed of nine members, each powerful wizards who represent a specific branch of the wizardly arts. Each has a singular, equal vote to cast in matters of state, and each is responsible for handling the country's education on their school of magic (or non-magical education, in the case of the Pillar of Universalism).
In practice, the Council is Caelum's government, as the Archmage intervenes in the affairs of the country extremely rarely. To prevent voting deadlock, Pillars are completely unable to abstain in the voting process. If a Pillar is unable to make an appearance to a council meeting in person, they must vote in absentia. If, for whatever reason, a Pillar is unable to cast a vote, they lose their position amongst the Council.
- Quintus Flamen, Pillar of Universalism
- Sorcha Successhands, Pillar of Abjuration
- Sabine Mancinus, Pillar of Conjuration
- Felix Grieves, Pillar of Divination
- Irene Haase, Pillar of Enchantment
- Vito Soranus, Pillar of Evocation
- Renard Leblanc, Pillar of Illusion
- Gideon Shain, Pillar of Necromancy
- Killian Leblanc, Pillar of Transmutation